Search The Cookery

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Monster Cookies

So the other day my mom sends me this recipe from when I was a kid. Flashback! I'm not sure why they're called monster cookies, but I'd assume it's from Cookie Monster on Sesame Street. I think he's called something else now.

Like, Organic Whole Grain Spelt Flour Sugar Free High Fiber Biscuit Monster.

Or something.

What's even funnier is that I'm about to admit that I found the recipe still had too much sugar/butter for my kids so I adapted it! I know, I'm THAT parent.

If you want the original unfiltered recipe, post in the comments and I'll post it.

Monster Cookies

Ingredients:

2 c. peanut butter (I used the natural just peanuts stuff)
1 1/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 very ripe banana
3 c. quick oats
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. canola oil
1/2 c. raisins
1/4 c. unsweetened shredded coconut

Directions:

If you have a mixer, I'm going to make this very easy on you.

Dump and mix.

If you don't have a mixer, or would prefer to dirty more dishes, you can do it like this:

Blend peanut butter, sugar, eggs and banana. In a separate bowl stir together oats, baking soda, salt, raisins and coconut.

Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture. It will be wicked thick. While stirring, add the oil in a drizzle so that it loosens everything up.

Drop by teaspoonful, or shape into little balls, on baking sheets and bake at 350F for about 12-15 minutes.

NOM NOM NOM



No comments:

Post a Comment