Search The Cookery

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Banana Coconut Muffins

I'll admit it. I'm on a health kick. After having baby numero dos in May, I've been eager to get back into shape. Even though I don't think that having three muffins for breakfast qualifies as a portion I explain it by pointing out that I NEED more food than before since I'm nursing. And I mean, it's whole wheat flour, that should count for something!

It has nothing at all to do with creamy coconut milk swirling around mashed bananas and oats. No. Not at all.

I made this recipe this morning for the first time, but it worked out so well I'm going to post it anyway.

Banana Coconut Muffins

Ingredients:

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
1/4 c. white sugar (Next time I might even take out the sugar all together.)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
3/4 c. coconut milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 1/4 c. puréed bananas (about 2-3)

Directions:

Mix all your dry ingredients in a large bowl. Beat up your egg, then add the rest of the wet ingredients.

Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.

Bake at 400F for 15 minutes for regular muffin tins, or 25 minutes for the larger muffins. Maxi-muffins if you will.

_____

Now. I'm a big fan of the creaming of the butter and the adding of the sugar, and all the best banana muffins I've ever had began with a butter base. But these. These trump all other banana muffins. They literally melt in your mouth, creamy but with little oat nuggets, and a slight coconutty tang. Super good.





I didn't get a great photo, but I'm not a great photographer. Hand me the mixer instead of the camera anyday!

These get a 4.5/5 from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment